Guerrilla Marketing Blog
Tips & Tactics from your friends at The Clever Robot!
25 Stats About Email Marketing You May Not Know
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. (Convinceandconvert.com)
- 33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone. (Convinceandconvert.com)
- Roughly half of an email list will be active – either opening or clicking on emails. (Epsilon)
- Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58%. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- For B2B companies, subject lines that contained “money,” “revenue,” and “profit” performed the best. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line. (Chadwick Martin Bailey)
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week. (2012 Blue Kangaroo Study)
- 39% of marketers have no strategy for mobile email. (eConsultancy 2012 Email Marketing industry Census)
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email. (Earnest Agency)
- 56% of businesses say they plan to increase their use of email marketing in 2013. (The Small and Midsize Business Email Marketing Survey 2013)
- Monday emails had the highest revenue per email. (Experian 2012 Q4 Email Benchmark Report)
- 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email. (ExactTarget)
- 1 in 2 marketers use animated gifs in their email campaigns. (Experian Email Market Study)
- This year, about 84% of all email traffic will be spam. (The Radicati Group)
- Email ad revenue reached $156 million in 2012. (Interactive Advertising Bureau)
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate. (GetResponse)
- Women click 10% more often than men on mobile emails. (Tailored Mail 2012 Email Marketing Trends)
- Email marketing spend grows 10% year over year. (Forrester 2011)
- 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated by email marketing as high quality. (Software Advice Survey)
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment. (Experian)
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies. (Litmus)
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices. (TopRankBlog)
- There are 3.6 billion email accounts in 2013. (The Radicati Group, Email Statistics Report, 2012-2016)
- By 2016, the number will reach 4.3 billion. (The Radicati Group, Email Statistics Report, 2012-2016)
So with all this information in mind, how do you run a successful marketing campaign? To effectively contact customers you want to be able to manage your lists and campaigns, access and edit your email templates, along with having a reliable reporting tool to publish your results. You need a tool that lets you manage your subscribe your lists. Instead of manually selecting or deselecting your client base, you should be able to let your email marketing drive itself and almost run on “auto pilot” if you will.
Here are two services that provide all of those features:
Grow your contact list through your Facebook page, company website, or a text message. Mobile friendly email templates. Easily store and access templates for ongoing or upcoming promotions. Discount options available with prepaying for future campaigns.
THE CLEVER ROBOT EMAIL MARKETING:
No set up fee, no contracts, you pay only when you send a campaign (newsletter) or create unlimited campaigns and pay a flat monthly rate for unlimited emails (we charge by the size of your email list) with plans starting as low as $19/mo or pay by the email starting at $10! You retain full ownership of your contact list.